Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Even in Your Sleep

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:17 AM My precious friend Beth's mother is almost at the end of her journey through cancer. She has run the race well. Her four daughters are testaments to the input for Christ that she has had. She lives, eats and breathes Christ. As someone once said, "I want to be so close to Christ that if you cut me, I would bleed Christ." That sounds like Beth's mom, Ann. I would like for you to pray for Ann as she enters the arms of Jesus soon and for the five daughters that she will leave behind. But tonight, I wanted to share this entry by Beth and her mother on the Caring Bridge site. It is simply to good not to share. I hope that you are touched to the core as I was. Please keep this precious family in your prayers. Below is the entry:Dear Friends and Family, "Mama continues to get weaker and is closer to seeing the Lord face to face. Each of us, in our own way, are releasing her to go. Thank you for your continued prayers. We have wept much but it is once again a mixture of where joy and sorrow meet. I found this note mama had begun to write to YOU in my purse today as I sat with her. It was a note she was dictating to me to put on the caringbridge site about 2 weeks ago. She began to get so tired that day so we stopped and I put it away. After that particular day her confusion was such that she was not able to focus again on this note or anything else for an extended period of time. I am thankful to have found it. It is exactly as she talked and shared with me that day. I think it will really bless you. Dear Friends, It appears that my days for expressing word and thoughts of any kind in a sensible way are coming to an end. Yesterday morning it took the girls 2 hours to persuade me that I was not in Georgia, in a motel but at Nan's with each of them. It appears that someone got a hold of the wrong directions so I speak to you quickly while you are much on my heart. If I could tell you how directly the Lord has been answering prayers for me and my family you would just laugh, in pure holy amazement. He has answered most of them exactly as you or I have prayed. He has taught me so many things about my beloved 127th Psalm during the past 3 months. I always thought walking with the Lord was just a daily doing of His will. He is teaching me in my last days that it is a walk not a run. I regret the many hours I should have been just sitting and basking in His presence. I think God has individual answers for our individual lives and situations in order to prepare us as the final eternity begins with Him. These last days He is teaching me to stop and hear my children pray. He is showing me how to see the genuine gifts of friendships and family ties. He is allowing me time to lie here on my bed in long times of confession for things I have not even wanted to think about. He has given me time to remember the intimate walks I have had with Him. I hope He is allowing time for a few more of these here in my earthly life. You have been such a part of what the doctors say are my last days of this earthly walk. I'm thankful that we do not know all that the Father knows, and we can go to sleep every night and wake up every morning knowing that he walks with us and talks with us and shows us we are his own. My prayer for you is that God would give you gifts of joy and peace and true contentment. I cannot close this letter with out praying for those of you who have never received his most precious gift, the gift of forgiveness of your sin and eternal salvation through faith and trust in Him. Thank you with all my heart for walking with me and my girls through this particular valley of life. Love, Ann" Always focused on God and others first! What a legacy! If you knew her girls, you'd see the investment she has made. Praise God for Christian parents!!!!

No comments: